During the first 2 weeks of summer, our very own Highland Park teachers will lead 2 carefully selected, 5-day enrichment courses designed to integrate different curriculum areas and to be a non-traditional, multi-aged experience for students. The price of the 5-day courses includes all tuition and fees. Core camp hours are 9:00am-3:00pm and start June 1 until June 12, 2020. Campers can take advantage of our flat-rate child care which is available from 7:30am-9:00am and 3:00pm-5:30pm. The camps are available to all Austin area students. Campers are challenged to push the limits of their learning while working in small, cooperative, multi-age groups.
Camps are chosen by a lottery system, so please prioritize your camper's choice on the registration form. After completing the Registration Form, wait for confirmation of which camp you got, then families will need to create an account on School Cash Online and pay for tuition. After tuition is paid, families will receive a receipt via e-mail and that will serve as camp confirmation. No changes are allowed after camp is paid. Cancellations are accepted until May 8, 2020.
Sara Gordon / Bookkeeper, Admin. Asst. / Summer Camp Director
Main: (512) 414-2090
Direct: (512) 414-1303
Child Care Costs & Times:
Early Arrival 7:30-9:00am: $100.00 per course
Late Stay 3:00-5:30pm: $125.00 per course
Led by David Robenhorst, Judd Absher, and Lynn Bucknall
Campers who register for Early Arrival or Late Stay join Child Care for general activities. Child Care will consist of outdoor/gym play time, board games, and discussion and reflecting on the students' day at camp.
- Payments are online ONLY. Credit/debit cards, bank accounts, and e-checks are accepted. You will receive a receipt after your purchase. Visit austinisd.schoolcashonline.com for online purchasing. All prices will reflect the inclusion of a convenience fee.
- Scottie Camp is open to all campers and not limited to Highland Park students.
- All field trips are subject to change.
- Campers should bring a sack lunch, two snacks, drinks, and sunscreen every day, unless otherwise noted by the teacher. Dress according to weather and activities.
- Minimum and maximum enrollment requirements exist for all camps.
- Please keep in touch with the lead camp teacher to determine when/if your camper will attend a field trip.
- If before May 8, 2020, a camper is unable to attend and camp payment has been made, a WRITTEN/EMAILED request must be made in order for a refund to be issued. After May 8, no refunds will be given unless the vacancy is filled by another student.
- A limited amount of financial assistance is available for Highland Park students wanting to participate but unable to afford the full amount of camp. The deadline to request assistance is February 13, 2020. For first-time requests only.