ALL CAMPS WILL REQUIRE MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING.
During the first 2 weeks of summer, our very own Highland Park teachers will lead 2 carefully selected, 5-day enrichment courses designed to integrate different curriculum areas and to be a non-traditional, multi-aged experience for students. The price of the 5-day courses includes all tuition and fees. Core camp hours are 9:00am-3:00pm and start June 7 until June 18, 2021. Campers can take advantage of our flat-rate child care which is available from 7:30am-9:00am and 3:00pm-5:30pm. The camps are available to all Austin area students. Campers are challenged to push the limits of their learning while working in small, cooperative, multi-age groups.
Camps are chosen by a lottery system, so please prioritize your camper's choice on the registration form. After completing the Registration Form, wait for confirmation of which camp you got, then families will need to create an account on School Cash Online and pay for tuition. After tuition is paid, families will receive a receipt via e-mail and that will serve as camp confirmation. No changes are allowed after camp is paid. Cancellations are accepted until May 3, 2021.
Sara Gordon / Bookkeeper, Admin. Asst. / Summer Camp Director
Main: (512) 414-2090
Direct: (512) 414-1303
Child Care Costs & Times:
Early Arrival 7:30-9:00am: $125.00 per session
Late Stay 3:00-5:30pm: $150.00 per session
Led by David Robenhorst, Judd Absher, and Robin Maca
Campers who register for Early Arrival or Late Stay join Child Care for general activities. Child Care will consist of outdoor/gym play time, board games, and discussion and reflecting on the students' day at camp.
- Payments are online ONLY. Credit/debit cards, bank accounts, and e-checks are accepted. You will receive a receipt after your purchase. Visit austinisd.schoolcashonline.com for online purchasing. All prices will reflect the inclusion of a convenience fee.
- Scottie Camp is open to all campers and not limited to Highland Park students.
- All field trips are subject to change.
- Campers should bring a sack lunch, two snacks, drinks, and sunscreen every day, unless otherwise noted by the teacher. Dress according to weather and activities.
- Minimum and maximum enrollment requirements exist for all camps.
- Please keep in touch with the lead camp teacher to determine when/if your camper will attend a field trip.
- If before May 3, 2021, a camper is unable to attend and camp payment has been made, a WRITTEN/EMAILED request must be made in order for a refund to be issued. This will be less the online service fee. After May 3, no refunds will be given unless the vacancy is filled by another student.
- A limited amount of financial assistance is available for Highland Park students wanting to participate but unable to afford the full amount of camp. The deadline to request assistance is February 24, 2021. For first-time requests only.
Please click the links below for forms. Please read the Registration Form thoroughly, as deadlines and terms are described. Due by February 24, 2021, but remember that everything is a lottery.
- Make sure you have created an account at austinisd.schoolcashonline.com. (see below for new students) Please use Firefox as your browser. You will need your student's ID number, which can be found on the report card.
- Complete and submit the Registration Form. Keep a copy for your records.
- Once a confimation email is received, please check back on School Cash Online to see if the payment is ready. This can take up to 1-2 business days. Once you have paid for your camp online, your student is considered enrolled. Note: If you do not see payment within 3 business days, please contact the director.
Special Case Instructions (2021-2022 Entering Kinders and 2021-2022 Non-HP Students)
Families who already have a student at HP with a School Cash Online account, but also have an incoming Kinder:
You will register your incoming Kinder on the same registration form, but when you get the School Cash Online Payment link, you will see the Kinder's camp under the older sibling's account. On the registration form you will select "K, with current Highland Park older sibling" under grade level.
Non-Highland Park Families:
When you set up your School Cash Online Account, you will select "I don't want to add a student". See example above. You will register your camper on the registration form, and select "K, but my child will not attend Highland Park" under grade level. You will be notified via e-mail when it is time for you to pay.